Last Updated: July 19th, 2022
ThisPolicy describes the types of information we collect from and about you, aswell as our practices for using, protecting, and disclosing thatinformation. Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing or using the Service, you agree to this Policy and consentto our collection, use, and disclosure of your information as described in thisPolicy. Do not use our Service if you do not agree to this Policy.
2. NoChildren Under the Age of 13. This Service is not intended to be usedby children under the age of 13. Byusing the Service, you represent to TCP that you are 13 years old or older. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a useris under the age of 13, we will promptly terminate that user’s account and deleteany personal information in that account.
3. NoUsers Outside of The U.S. The Connected Parent is based in theUnited States. The Service is only intendedto be used by persons located in the United States. Do not use the Service orprovide information to us if you are located outside of the United States.
4. Changesto These Terms. We may change, modify, or update thisPolicy from time to time, by posting any changes or new policies to the Service. Any changes, updates, or new policies shallbecome effective immediately upon posting. We may notify you of material changes to the Policy by email, by postinga notice on the Service, and/or by any other method. The most current version of the Policy willbe available through the Service. Youare responsible for regularly reviewing the Policy to check for any changes orupdates. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Service, after anysuch changes, updates or new policies have been posted, constitutes youracceptance of any the new or updated Policy.
5. InformationWe Collect About You. We collect various types of informationfrom and about you as a user of our Service, including information thatpersonally identifies you (“personal information”)as well as information that does not identify you. This information may include:
- Informationthat clearly identifies you, such as your name, address, email address, ortelephone number;
- Information about your interactions with our Service; and
- Any otherinformation that you choose to submit or post to or through our Service.
As described throughout this Policy, inaddition to personal information, we also collect information that does notidentify you, such as statistics and general data. For the avoidance of any doubt, we reserve theright to use and disclose information that does not identify any user withoutrestriction, as permitted by applicable law.
6. InformationProvided By You.
a. Account Information. We collect certain informationabout you when you provide it directly to us. For example, when you create an account through the Service, you arerequired to provide your name, email address, zip code, and areas of interest. Some or all of this information may bepersonal information.
b. Information You Provide as You Use the Service. Youmay also choose to voluntarily provide information as you use, access, andinteract with the Service, such as when you submit reviews and other Content,post information to a user profile, use the messaging and other features of theService, contact us, enter our contests, report something to us, or when youprovide comments, suggestions, ideas, improvements, proposals, or similar items(collectively, “Feedback”) tous. For example, when you post a reviewor add information to your user profile on the Service, you may choose toprovide information about yourself, your family, or your background, which mayinclude Sensitive Information (see below). Some features of the Service may not be available if you choose not toprovide certain information.
c. Sensitive Information. You may also choose whether or not to share sensitive information through the Service, which may relate to you, your family, or persons in your care, such as information related to your specific concerns, disabilities, behavioral issues, developmental issues, medical conditions, gender identity, sexual orientation, mental health, mental illness, substance abuse, and other information that may reasonably be considered sensitive (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). By submitting or posting Sensitive Information to the Service, you consent to our collection, use, and storage of your Sensitive Information as described in this Policy.
d. Public Posts. As part of the functionality of our Service, you can choose to voluntarily submit information and Content, including personal information, to the public portions of our Service. For example, you may choose to submit ratings, reviews, comments, posts, edits, updates, business information, photographs, and other Content to the public portions of the Service, which may include a user profile. When you submit or post information to any of the public portions of our Service, that content will be generally viewable by the public. You should not post or submit any information, including any Sensitive Information, to the public portions or features of the Service (such as Business pages, comments, reviews, and user profiles), if you do not consent to making such information available to and viewable by the public. You understand, and agree, that if you post, submit, share, or upload any Sensitive Information or other Content to any public portions of the Service, that Sensitive Information or Content will be generally available to and viewable by the public.
e. Professional Information. If you represent a Business, we may collect and display information about you and your business or professional activities, such as a business name, business address, or information about your professional background, licenses, certifications, or specialties, which may include personal information (“Professional Information”). You may provide your Professional Information directly to us, such as when you create an account. We may also collect and display Professional Information, which is submitted by our users or which we may collect from publically-available sources or other third-party sources. Please contact us if you would like to request that we correct, update, or remove any Professional Information about you. Depending on the circumstances, you may also be able to modify and update Professional Information about you by editing User Content that you have submitted, such as by updating account information, a Business page, or user profile.
- Information about your use of the Service, such as your Internet Protocol address, the type of browser you are using, browser language, pages visited, features used, and other similar information and statistics about your use of the Service.
-Information collected in connection with your searches through the Service, such as search history, including categories, specialties, zip codes, other geographic parameters, online or physical addresses searched, search box text, and information about the date and time of searches.
b. How We Use and Share Activity Data. We may use Activity Data to provide the Service to you, improve and optimize user experience, recognize you when you return to the Service, store information about your preferences, help us customize your experience, analyze the usage and effectiveness of the Service, identify unauthorized users, collect statistics and general data, optimize marketing, refine advertising, authenticate users, and limit access by non-registered users. We reserve theright to share Activity Information with third parties, such as our service providers, to provide and improve the Service.
c. Cookies. Like many online services, we use “cookies” to collect Activity Data. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device, which uniquely identify your device, and which can be transferred to your hard drive to keep records of your visit to a site. You may choose to refuse or delete cookies, and most browsers and mobile devices offer their own settings to manage cookies. If you refuse or delete cookies, you may not be able to use or access certain parts and features of our Service. For example, we may not be able to recognize you, your devices, or your online preferences.
e. Do Not Track Signals. We do not track your activities or collect your information across third-party websites or online services. Accordingly, we do not receive Do Not Track Signals or other similar signals. In the event we receive any Do Not Track Signals, we will not comply with them, as they are not part of the functionality of our Service.
8. How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including personal information:
- To provide the Service, along with any other information, responses, or services you request;
- To allow you to use the interactive features of the Service;
- To send you newsletters, notify you about changes to our Services, provide you with notices about your account, and otherwise communicate with you in connection with the Service;
- To improve and optimize the Service, store preferences, customize user experience, collect general data and statistics, and analyze usage of and interactions with the Service;
- To carryout our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts or agreements with you;
- To monitor, protect against, identify, and remediate any unauthorized use of or access to the Service;
- In any other way disclosed to you when you provide such information;
- To fulfill any other purposes for which you provide such information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Our Own Marketing: We may also use your information to contact you about our services, products, and features that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, you may opt-out by submitting a request to email@example.com,or, if applicable, you may follow the instructions for unsubscribing from such messages included in the relevant message.
Displaying Advertisements: We may use also use your information to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for advertising purposes without your consent. However, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
9. How We Share Your Information. We may disclose personal information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To our contractors, service providers, vendors, and other third parties to provide the Service and store your information;
- To our vendors and service providers in order to monitor, protect against, identify, and remediate any misuse or unauthorized use of or access to the Service;
- To improve and optimize the Service, store preferences, customize user experience, collect general data and statistics, and analyze usage of and interactions with the Service;
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provide such information;
- With your consent;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide such information;
- In the event of a merger, consolidation, change of control, dissolution, restructuring, reorganization, conversion, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets; and
- To comply with any court order, applicable law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, to enforce any of our contracts and agreements, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of TCP, the Service, the users, or others.
The categories of personal information that we may disclose to third parties for the purposes listed above include contact information, information about your use of or interaction with the Service, personal information which you submit, post, or upload to the Service, communications in connection with the Service, and other personal information, as needed to fulfill the purposes for which you provided such information.
We do not share your Sensitive Information with third parties without your consent, unless doing so is necessary to provide the Service to you.
We reserve the right to use and disclose information that does not identify you without restriction, as permitted by applicable law.
10. Your State Privacy Rights. If you are a resident of California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, or Utah, your state’s law may provide you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information, which may or may notapply to personal information collected from or about you through the Service.
a. California. Please note that, although we are based in California, The Connected Parent is not a covered business under theCalifornia Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)or the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). Separate from the CCPA and CPRA, California’s Shine the Light Law gives California residents the right to ask companies what personal information they share with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, unless you request such disclosure.
b. Colorado,Virginia, & Utah. Colorado, Virginia, and Utah each provide their residents with rights (i) to confirm whether companies process their personal information, (ii) to access and delete certain personal information, (iii) regarding data portability, and (iv) to opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales. These rights may or may not apply to personal information collected from or about you through the Service.
Colorado and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights (i) to correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature and processingpurpose, and (ii) to opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions thatproduce legal or similarly significant effects. Solely to the extent such rights apply to personal information collectedfrom or about you through the Service, you may exercise any of these rights orappeal a decision regarding such requests by contacting us using the contactinformation listed in Section 12below.
c. Nevada. Nevadaprovides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personalinformation sales. However, we do not currently sell data triggering thatstatute’s opt-out requirements.
11. ChoicesAbout Your Information. We strive to provide you with choicesabout the personal information you provide to us, so we have created mechanismsto provide you with control over your information:
b. PromotionalMessages from Us. If you do not wish forus to use your email address or other contact information to promote our ownproducts or services, you can opt-out by changing the preferences in youraccount. If we have sent you apromotional email, you may send us a return email requesting to be omitted fromfuture promotional emails.
c. OtherOptions for Opting-Out of Targeted Advertising. Wedo not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serveinterest-based advertising. However,such third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have yourinformation collected or used in this way. For example, you can opt-out of receiving targeted advertisements fromthe members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI website.
12. Accessingand Correcting Your Information. If at anytime, you would like to modify, update, correct, review, or request access tothe personal information we have about you, you may do so through your useraccount (for certain corrections and updates) or by sending your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Inspired Staffing, LLC, doing business as The Connected Parent
7250 Redwood BoulevardNovato, CA 94945
Wereserve the right to use reasonable measures to verify your identify beforemodifying, updating, correcting, or providing access to the personalinformation of any user.
13. Data Retention & AccountTermination. You can close your account by sending youraccount termination request to [email@example.com]. If you choose to close your account, we will remove all or part ofcertain public posts from view and/or dissociate them from your user profile oraccount. However, we may retain yourinformation for the purposes authorized under this Policy as permitted byapplicable law. For example, we mayretain information to comply with our legal obligations. We may also maintain residual copies of yourpersonal information in our backup systems. Please note that Business ratings and stars cannot be removed.
14. Security. Weuse reasonable technical, administrative, and other measures, such asencryption and using industry-standard third-party service providers to storeand secure information, (i) to secure the information we collect or receivethrough the Service and under this Policy, and (ii) to attempt to prevent themisuse of, loss of, and unauthorized access to, such information. Although we strive to protect ourinformation, we cannot guarantee the security of information submitted,collected, or received through the Service and under this Policy. The transmission of such information in connectionwith the Service is at your own risk.
15. Third-PartyServices and Data Practices. The Service may include links tothird-party websites or services that are not operated or provided by TheConnected Parent. These third-partywebsites or services may collect personal information or other informationabout you. We are not responsible forand make no representation of any kind regarding such third parties or theirdata practices. If you choose to clickon any links to, interact with, visit, use, or otherwise engage with anythird-party websites, services, or businesses, you do so entirely as your ownrisk. You shouldreview the policies and terms applicable to such third-party services, and makeany other investigation that you feel is appropriate before using any suchthird-party websites or services.Youare solely responsible for any information you voluntarily choose to post,submit, or share with any third-party websites, applications, businesses,services, and platforms.
16. Contact Us. Ifyou have any questions about this Policy, please contact us using the contactinformation listed in Section 12 above.